Over the years, RMC has been involved in a number of school projects at various levels – preparing business plans to Detailed Project Reports, Due Diligence Reports for acquisitions of schools, and working with leading architects to plan schools. We have also worked on a number of special projects. Here is a list of some of these projects.
- Durham Lavasa International School, Lavasa, Maharashtra
- Oberoi International School, Mumbai
- International School at Khopoli, Maharashtra
- Quest International School, Alibag, Maharashtra
- Aryavarta School Project, Bengaluru
- Goldstone International School, Hyderabad
- Expat International School, Tamil Nadu
- Brio International School, Mumbai
- Ashok Birla International School, Nepean Sea Road, Mumbai
- Ashok Birla International School, Walkeshwar, Mumbai
- Goa International School, Goa
- The Anglican International School, Bhimtal, Uttaranchal
- Faridabad International School, Faridabad
- Kalinga International Public School, Bhubaneswar
Indian Board Schools
- Sehwag International School, Jhajjar, Haryana
- Prime Higher Secondary School, Tirupur, Tamil Nadu
- Future Pride International School, Srinagar
- Prabhadevi International School, Mumbai
- River Valley International School, Panvel, Maharashtra
- Palghar Secondary School, Palghar, Maharashtra
- The Spring Mills School, Mumbai
- The Mulund School, Mumbai
- Everest High School, Thane
- I-temple Education Network Pvt Ltd, Mumbai (a project to establish a chain of preschools)
- Chandrakant Patil International School, Gulbarga, Karnataka
INFINITY EDUCATION FOUNDATION, KOLKATA AND DURHAM SCHOOL, UK – COLLABORATION
RMC prepared a negotiating brief for the delegation of the Infinity Foundation, Kolkata that visited the Durham School, UK to set up schools in India in collaboration with this school. The brief covered all aspects of setting up international schools in India including architectural, legal, academic, administrative, financial feasibility, School Management Agreement, and so on. The negotiations were successful and culminated in an Agreement between Infinity and Durham.
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS, CAMBRIDGE, UK
RMC was retained by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) (Now Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)) in 2003 to conduct a survey for the University of Cambridge International Examinations in connection with University Admissions Policy in India. RMC’s report was accepted by CAIE.
Ms Ann Puntis, Chief Executive, Cambridge International Examinations
COLLABORATION BETWEEN PENN STATE UNIVERSITY, USA AND THE VIDYALANKAR DYANPEETH TRUST, MUMBAI FOR A TWINNING PROGRAM
RMC was instrumental in establishing this twinning program. Students spend two years at the Vidyalankar Institute of Technology campus in central Mumbai, followed by two years at the Penn State, York campus to obtain a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Sciences and Technology from Penn State University. This program started in 2006, is ongoing, and has been very successful.
NEW ERA SCHOOL, MUMBAI
When this school was acquired by Orbit Corporation Ltd, Mumbai, RMC was involved with its upgradation, including its conversion to an international school. The school was subsequently acquired by the Aditya Birla Group and at this stage RMC was retained to prepare a ‘Due Diligence Report’ covering the academic, legal, financial, administrative, and infrastructural aspects. The report was accepted by both groups and the sale transaction was successfully completed.
VANAPRASTHA ASHRAM (Formerly ‘Senior Citizens Settlement Foundation’)
As Honorary Consultants to Vanaprastha Ashram, formerly the ‘Senior Citizens Settlement Foundation’, Mumbai, RMC assisted in planning of the Senior Citizens Home in Sringeri, Karnataka. RMC’s MD visited Hartford, Connecticut, a city renowned for Old Peoples’ Homes. The Hartford experience provided invaluable inputs for the Sringeri Home. Today, this Home located on a 5-acre site near Sringeri has over 70 residents from the Middle-Income Group and has an eager waiting list of over 50 people.
Mr N. Hariharan, Executive Director, Vanaprastha Ashram
AMERICAN SCHOOL OF BOMBAY, MUMBAI
The American School of Bombay (ASB) retained RMC as consultants for various assignments from time to time and more importantly for its expansion project. The ASB was setting up a new campus in Mumbai to cater to the expanding expatriate community in the city. The first phase of the project involved the acquisition of a suitable plot of land to house the new campus.
Dr Paul M. Fochtman, Superintendent, American School of Bombay, Mumbai
GEMMOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF INDIA (NATIONAL RESEARCH CENTRE), MUMBAI
Having set up the Indian Institute of Gems and Jewellery (IIGJ), MIDC, Andheri, Mumbai, for the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC), the Council requested RMC to prepare a Project Report for the Gemmological Institute of India (GII), with emphasis on R&D and to establish centres for lab testing of gems and training in Gemmology. The DPR, based on intensive research, was accepted by the Council.
DESIGN SCHOOL PROJECT, MUMBAI
RMC prepared a Project Report for the setting up of a Design School for Adhiraj Constructions, Mumbai. The report covered various disciplines in design such as graphic design, product design, interface design, fashion design etc. A team from RMC visited the Basel School of Design (BSD), Basel, Switzerland to negotiate a collaboration agreement which was successful and culminated in the issue of a Letter of Intent by the BSD. Unfortunately, this proposal did not fructify as the Government of India declined to accept award of overseas degrees by a body in India, despite much persuasion.