RMC has a multi-disciplinary group of professionals dedicated solely to the development of facilities for International and Indian Board Schools. Its comprehensive range of services include the following:
DETAILED PROJECT REPORTS
- Detailed Project Reports (DPR) for schools pursuing International or Indian curricula can be prepared in a modular form for easy implementation and include a detailed financial analysis.
- DPRs are a master document which cover every facet of the planned school.
- DPRs can be used as a basis for obtaining loans from banks and financial institutions.
- Working with the client to set up the school, once the business plan is in place
- Selecting the architect
- Working with the architect to plan the school
- Staff recruitment and training
- Curriculum development
- Policy manuals and SOPs
- Admissions process
POLICY MANUALS AND SOPs
- Human Resource Development
- Safety & Security
- Financial Management
- School Operations – Transport, Food Services, Housekeeping
- Parent Handbook
- Staff Handbook etc
- Drawing up job descriptions of Indian and expatriate faculty.
- Drawing up the terms and conditions of employment of Indian and expatriate faculty.
- Selection and recruitment of Indian and expatriate faculty.
- Drafting contracts, including international contracts for expatriate faculty.
- Architectural concept of the project based on the latest concepts of designing schools.
- Preparing a detailed area program.
- Continuous liaison with the architect and the client to ensure that the final design incorporates the vision of the client, the design intent, and the budget.
INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS – SCHOOLS
- Drawing up a panel of schools in Europe, the UK or the USA for the proposed collaboration.
- Drafting of a document for the proposed collaboration.
- Drafting of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the overseas school, cooperation agreement and operating agreement.
- Assistance in negotiations.
MARKETING AND BRANDING: GUIDANCE TO THE SELECTED AGENCY
- Digital Marketing
- Handouts, Leaflets, Flyers
- Press Releases
- Mission and Vision Statements
- Parent Conferences
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Safety features in school buildings
- Manual and electronic security – incorporation of specifications in the school infrastructure at the designing stage itself
DUE DILIGENCE REPORTS
- Developing criteria for the proposed acquisition of a school.
- Investigating the academic, financial and commercial activities of a school for a proposed acquisition.
- The process includes gathering information and its analysis and interpretation from the financial, commercial, legal and marketing viewpoints. Based on this, an assessment is made of the key risks and opportunities, including a financial feasibility study.
- An analysis of the infrastructure, including equipment and furniture.
ICT IN SCHOOLS
- Advice on the use of ICT in schools.
- Advice on STEAM Labs/ Maker Spaces/Innovation Labs.
- A survey of the catchment area in which the school is proposed to be located in consultation with a market survey company.
- Survey of schools located in the catchment area of the proposed school which could be its potential competitors.
FACULTY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Training of faculty prior to commissioning of the school.
- Long term development of faculty after joining.
REGISTRATION OF SCHOOLS – LEGAL REGIMES
In conjunction with our legal advisors
- Advice on registration of schools under one of the legal regimes in India viz the Societies Registration Act, 1860, A Public Charitable Trust, or as a Section 8 Company under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Advice on setting up a Minority Religious or Linguistic Trust in respect of Minority Educational Institutions under the constitution of India, if applicable.
- Impact of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 (RTE-2009) on schools.
- Advice on obtaining a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from State Governments.
SELECTION OF NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL CURRICULA
- An analysis of the programmes offered by the following Boards:
- International Baccalaureate (IB), Geneva, Switzerland.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), Cambridge, UK
- A comparative analysis of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Factors affecting the selection of Indian or overseas curricula, or a combination thereof.
- Types of school uniforms required for boys and girls.
- Selection of a fabricator for the uniforms:
- Finalisation of designs/patterns.
- Selection of appropriate fabrics for various items of the uniform.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
RMC prepares researched papers on topical subjects of interest to International and Indian Boards’ schools. Recent papers include the following:
- International Schools in India – Proposed Definition
- Site Evaluation for Day and Residential Schools – A Guide.
- Model Programmatic Requirements for an International School.
- Model Programmatic Requirements for Indian Boards’ Schools.
- Safety and Security of Schools.
- Guidelines for Handling Incidents of a Serious Nature in a School.
- Inclusive Education: Special Education Needs and Learning Difficulties.
- Library in International Schools.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.