RMC has a multi-disciplinary group of professionals dedicated solely to the development of facilities for International and Indian Board Schools. Its comprehensive range of services include the following:
DETAILED PROJECT REPORTS
- Detailed Project Reports (DPR) for schools pursuing International or Indian curricula can be prepared in a modular form for easy implementation and include a detailed financial analysis.
- DPRs are a master document which cover every facet of the planned school.
- DPRs can be used as a basis for obtaining loans from banks and financial institutions.
- Working with the client to set up the school, once the business plan is in place
- Selecting the architect
- Working with the architect to plan the school
- Staff recruitment and training
- Curriculum development
- Policy manuals and SOPs
- Admissions process
POLICY MANUALS AND SOPs
- Human Resource Development
- Safety & Security
- Financial Management
- School Operations
- Parent Handbook
- Staff Handbook
- Drawing up job descriptions of Indian and expatriate faculty.
- Drawing up the terms and conditions of employment of Indian and expatriate faculty.
- Selection and recruitment of Indian and expatriate faculty.
- Drafting contracts, including international contracts for expatriate faculty.
- Architectural concept of the project based on the latest concepts of designing schools.
- Preparing a detailed area program.
- Continuous liaison with the architect and the client to ensure that the final design incorporates the vision of the client, the design intent, and the budget.
INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS – SCHOOLS
A detailed note assessing the following:
- Drawing up a panel of schools in Europe, the UK or the USA for the proposed collaboration.
- Permissible forms of entity(s) to function as an educational entity, with distinguishing characteristics and advantages of each distinct entity. Registration as a Trust, Society or Section 8 Company under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Applicable education laws of the state in which the school is proposed to be set up and the affiliating board.
- Relationship between the Trust/Society/Section 8 Company with the overseas school.
- Applicable taxation laws of India and the concerned country where the overseas school is located.
- Drafting of a document for the proposed collaboration.
- Drafting of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the overseas school, including Management, Services Agreement, Board License Agreement and Content License Agreement.
- Assistance in final negotiations and signing of the MoU.
- Drafting of a School Management Agreement (SMA).
- Appointment of foreign nationals on the governing board of the school or as teachers.
MARKETING AND BRANDING: GUIDANCE TO THE SELECTED AGENCY
- Branding – Brand Strategy
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Handouts, Leaflets, Flyers
- Designing Brochure
- Press Releases
- Designing Signages
- Mission and Vision Statements
- Social Media Channels-Facebook, Twitter, etc
- Designing Logo
- Designing Stationery
- Parent Conferences
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Safety features in school buildings
- Manual and electronic security – incorporation of specifications in the school infrastructure at the
designing stage itself
- Coordination between manual and electronic security systems
- Coordination with the local police and other security agencies in the area
- Accreditation to a School Safety Accreditation Society
DUE DILIGENCE REPORTS
- Developing criteria for the proposed acquisition of a school.
- Investigating the academic, financial and commercial activities of a school for a proposed acquisition.
- The process includes gathering information and its analysis and interpretation from the financial, commercial, legal and marketing viewpoints. Based on this, an assessment is made of the key risks and opportunities, including a financial feasibility study.
- An analysis of the infrastructure, including equipment and furniture.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – EDUCATION ICT INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh Server and Data Storage Solutions
- Unified Threat Management and Enterprise Wireless Infrastructure Deployment
- Network LAN Cabling
- Microsoft Office 365 Deployment and Google Apps Deployment
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Student Information Systems (SIS) & Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- IT Help Desk Services
- Audio Video Management Services
- Print Management
- IP EPBAX, CCTV and Video Conferencing
- A survey of the catchment area in which the school is proposed to be located in consultation with a market survey company.
- Survey of schools located in the catchment area of the proposed school which could be its potential competitors.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OF FACULTY – INDIAN AND EXPATRIATE
- Training of faculty, prior to commissioning of the school.
- Long term development of faculty after joining.
- Training courses in India.
- Training courses overseas.
REGISTRATION OF SCHOOLS – LEGAL REGIMES
- Advice on registration of schools under one of the legal regimes in India viz the Societies Registration Act, 1860, A Public Charitable Trust, or as a Section 8 Company under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Compatibility of the selected legal regime with the unique rules of the State in which the school is located.
- Advice on setting up a Minority Religious or Linguistic Trust in respect of Minority Educational Institutions under the constitution of India, if applicable.
- Impact of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 (RTE-2009) on schools.
- Advice on obtaining a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from State Governments.
SELECTION OF NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL CURRICULA
- An analysis of the programmes offered by the following Boards:
- International Baccalaureate (IB), Geneva, Switzerland
- Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), Cambridge, UK
- Edexcel, UK
- A comparative analysis of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other State-level School Boards.
- Factors affecting the selection of Indian or overseas curricula, or a combination thereof.
- New International and Indian Boards schools.
- Upgradation of existing schools.
- Detailed financial feasibility.
SCHOOL BUS MANAGEMENT
- Safety features of a school bus.
- Selection of a GPS system that links the school, the buses and the parents.
- Contract with the school bus operator.
- Types of school uniforms required for boys and girls.
- Selection of a fabricator for the uniforms:
- Finalisation of designs/patterns.
- Selection of appropriate fabrics for various items of the uniform.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
RMC prepares researched papers on topical subjects of interest to International and Indian Boards’ schools. Recent papers include the following:
- International Schools in India – Proposed Definition
- Site Evaluation for Day and Residential Schools – A Guide.
- Model Programmatic Requirements for an International School.
- Model Programmatic Requirements for Indian Boards’ Schools.
- Safety and Security of Schools.
- Guidelines for Handling Incidents of a Serious Nature in a School.
- Inclusive Education: Special Education Needs and Learning Difficulties.
- Library in International Schools.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.